Monday, June 20, 2011

Crazy weather and my class

Tue, 14 Sep 2010 Hey, today is Tuesday – October according to your way of thinking.
Did you find out anything about the sorority you want to join yet?
We had a thunderstorm last night around 7, I had to turn off the computer, but it didn’t last too long. How was it up there? Was it fun to watch in a safe house? Any of your roommates scared? The guys were probably hiding under their blankets…
I have class tonight, yippee. Later, Mom

it was crazy here during the storm....really windy and buckets of rain, a group of us was tryin to get to dinner in the caf. which is 2 ft away and we couldn’t even do that because we watched others come back in from the dining hall and got soaked in those 2 seconds of being outside,
thankfully it didnt take long for it to pass
one of our elevators is broken so now it takes even longer so now i have to take the stairs to make sure i get out and to class on time
yay its tuesday only 4 more full days till i get to come home and we can go to the Irish festival......and the dentist....yayyyyyyyyyyyy lol


Wed, 15 Sep 2010: I do hope though that you still enjoy being on campus and not just count the days until you come home. Do enjoy every day, like I said, you’ll never have it as good again: No bills, no cooking, no cleaning, and fifteen hours mean full-time. Homesickness will get better over time, believe me.
Last night at my math class a student of Asian descent got mad at a guy who made the remark: “This is like Chinese to me, or like Chinese surgery.” He felt offended, biased against Asians, and the professor had to step in and break up what could have escalated into an ugly fight. The other guy apologized, but it wasn’t good enough for the Asian who kept harping about how offended he felt. Crazy. There are lots of different races in my classroom. It’s an interesting mix and conflict can happen, but we learn a lot from each other, it’s great. I was surprised, not shocked, but amazed how quickly something can escalate. No wonder there are always wars in the world. I’m certainly learning a lot of math, but it is very hard and I need to practice every day for at least two hours and have our scientists here at work explain stuff to me. I will be so glad when it’s Christmas and I’m done with this semester. If only I make it through math, the rest should be a lot easier.
Have a great day, Love, Mom
PS: Did you go to class yesterday? You kept mailing at all hours of the day.


hmmm thats never really happened in any of my classes ever, I guess its because my generation is so used to having all different cultures in our classes.
today is meet the greeks yay!!!
yes i went to class yester, i only had from 9:30 to 10:45 so i was done and then i did all my homework and stuff. today i'll be in class for forever! till 7:15, I'm in my english class right but don't worry I already did all my work cuz i'm awesome like that
okay see ya later!xo Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment