Monday, December 26, 2011

Certificate in Mixology adds to a college student's coolness factor

Wednesday, November 23, 2011: Alex,
Please be careful driving home today in the rain and holiday traffic. I will pray for safe travels. Hey, do you want to sit in on my public speaking class tonight, the professor said we can bring guests.
Later, mom
December 9th, 2011: (It’s been two weeks)
Request: Update on your life. Mother
PS: Are you coming home this weekend?
I have formal tonight? So no lol
I know you have formal tonight, but I thought you would come home tomorrow.
I have studying and papers to write so I really don't even have the 45 min to drive home cuz I could get like a half a paper done in that time
Makes sense. Be careful tonight, you guys are staying at the hotel, right? I might come up during the week to pick up the fundraising things. Mom
Yeah we're stayin in the hotel yeah can u come up on like thurs and bring my pink suitcase I'm sched to move out sun the 18th
A text from me to her: During the formal:
Is the dance nice?
Its funnn
Next day:
Are you up? We’re at Uncle Tom’s party.
I just got back to campus.
In what town was it?
Oh it wasn’t too far

What kind of answer is that? Also, I sent you information about that Bartending school. Go to bed early tonight (has finals the next morning). Meet me in E. around 5:30pm (for bartending school interview), leave at 4pm, lots of traffic. Did you find out about the elections tonight?
I was still in chapter. Stop calling me all the time.
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 Subject: money
Hey Sweetie,
I transferred $300 to your account which is meant for the bartending school. $130 came already out for the deposit. Don’t spend the remaining $170 on anything else, you’ll need that to pay the rest of the bill.
Mom
Okayy
PS: she requested to keep her love life private, so no Michael news...but I think they already stopped talking. Loser (he)
Alex is now home for winter break. She couldn't even find a job for the holiday season, but I'm not sure how hard she worked at applying. She is doing bartending school for two weeks instead. When she passes the final exam, she will have a certificate in mixology. At nineteen, which probably adds to the coolness factor. She will also look for a bartending job in a lounge or restaurant while she's off. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment