Friday, March 2, 2012

Giants Win The Superbowl!!

And then the Giants won the Superbowl.
Alex was with her friends at a 6-guys-living-in-one-suite on campus and called us right after the Giants won, to celebrate with her total-Giants-fan father.
The next day I received this text.
I'm so mad that tuesdays are my busiest day cuz the giants parade is in ny on that day and I live 15 min away! So many people from school are going :(
I got my own table yesterday cuz it was slow and kurt the guy who was training me was like busing the table behind me so he can still hear what was going on and could still help if I needed it. It was easy tho cuz these people come here a lot and knew exactly what they wanted and didn't ask a lot of questions
I think I would make an exception and just go to the parade. It's early in the semester and hopefully you can make up your classes with notes from others. Screw school tomorrow, go to the parade. 
I love u so much! I'm gonna go to my 930 to 1045 class cuz my professor is a lil nuts and calls people out on missing class and I don't want him to do that to me lol
Will that still be time enough to make it to the parade? Do not drive in your car, of course! Is it tomorrow? Keep texting me how it all goes down, sweetheart. When does it start?
It starts at 11 so we'll just take the next train
Are you going with others who are also going in later? I don't want you to miss it. Just go when the last goers leave, don't finish class and then go all by yourself.
I'm going with my friends. They r going the entire length of broadway if we get there by like 1130 we really wouldn't have missed much cuz they start all the way at the bottom and go all the way to the top
I just watched them land on tv in the caf it was exciting
Super atmosphere, right? Tomorrow will rock.
Ik I'm so excited
New Jersey will not get left out of the action.
In a Twitter post, Gov. Chris Christie said a rally for Big Blue would take place Tuesday at 3 p.m. at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. "@GovChristie: All Giants fans in NJ should be there if you can."
You just got permission from the governor. Just promise me and yourself that you will make up your missed classes and all homework, and that is only an exception, not a thing you can do more often. I am happy that you can go tomorrow, just text me every once in a while, so I can 'be there' too. Mom
Oh of course all of my professors are on black board which is a website thing where they post all of their power points and hw so ill be on there
Cool. Soooo happy for you. Shall I tell Dad? If not and he sees you on the telly he'll pee.
Did u just say telly?
Yeah, I turned into a Brit
That's okay I'm jamaican this week yeamon
Tuesday, February 7, 2012: Let's face it, she would have gone to the parade anyway, but now she had my blessing and texted me about her experiences all day long. All in all, she was so glad she went. She saw Eli on the float and the whole day was awesome.
If I were you, I would shoot for making it to the 4:30 class. Making up is a bitch,no?
My 430 got cancelled
She came home that weekend after work and arrived shortly before 2AM. I was waiting up. The pets sprinted to the door when she walked in and we talked for an hour, sitting on the couch. I asked about the parade. Everybody wore blue, everybody was super excited. There were alcohol bottles and cups everywhere, the cops didn't even try to stop it. Alex told me she and her friends were in line for the bathroom in a restaurant. The ladies' line was out the door whereas the men's line was short as usual.  A lady came in and lined up in the short men's queue, then cut everybody by jumping in front when the ladies' door opened and just walked in. People were cursing and threatening her, but there was one particularly tough woman who shouted, "wait till she comes out, I'll punch her in the face." Woman comes out, and the lady punches her in the face so hard that blood was flying. She bust her lip wide open. The woman being hit was in shock and cried, while her friend ran to get her husband, who called out for the cops. Anyway, that was a sight to see. Alex said, she doubts that woman will ever cut the line again. It was epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment