Friday, March 2, 2012

Restaurant Server Advice From Mom

Wed January 25, 2012:
Ooh, I'm so excited, finally an email from you with some text in it. I wish you all the best and especially patience dealing with difficult customers. You have to keep smiling, stay respectful, then punch the wall in the back room when you're done dealing with them. Some are looking at it as a game to see if they get a free meal out of it and will complain no matter what. Just call the manager and let him deal with it. No gravy over their heads, no matter how much you feel like it. Just remember, you don't have to go home with these jerks and they will be out of your life shortly. 
Your feet/legs will hurt, your arms from carrying heavy trays, but you can do it if you put your mind to it. You just need to remember who ordered what and your memory is amazing.
My class? Haha. My professor is older than your grandpa, he must be in his eighties. He's adorable and quite good just hard of hearing and he shuffles around. Seems like XXX is where all the professors go instead of retiring, it's very strange. He talked in English about the history of Spain and Mexico, then gave us Spanish homework. But I can do it. It's definitely not as good a class as my Public Speaking one, people wise I mean, and I miss them. We all became Facebook friends.
Oh, something funny. I added our New Year's pictures to your father's facebook site last night and while he was downstairs, I did the same thing Vinny always does to Dan from my last class, posting stuff on Dan's site as if he was him. So for two hours, while we watched TV downstairs, your father had these two posts on his fb:
Three dolphins walk into a hookah bar
And
I throw ball like a girl.
Then I commented as if I were Dad: Who the f***s on my facebook?
Nobody saw it because he only has 16 friends, but he was so pissed when he finally saw it and I had to delete it.
Well, that's all from home for now. I did enter "Skinny for Just One Day" in the Amazon Breakout Novel Contest and then sent the manuscript to my editor for the March agent conference. It's so much better now because of your help.
Your pets are doing fine, at least we have them to keep us occupied.
Love you, Mom

Tuesday, January 31, 2012: How was your day?
It was good. alyssa's boyfriend broke up with her today so Im hanging out with her
Aww, is she ok? How long have they been together? He's not on campus, right?
No, he goes to XXX and they were together since senior year.
Why did he break up? She's still able to go to work with you, right? Also, remember you have class tomorrow morning.
No, not until 6 at night.
So how is she?
Okay
And then the Giants won the Superbowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment