Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pledging has started

I got a text message from her on Monday, February 28, 2011: I withdrew from my pre-calc class to protect my gpa cuz I don’t have the time to give it the right amount of study time…I’m in class so don’t call me.
I called her later and she explained that she talked to her advisor about dropping pre-calc until next semester. I was concerned about her credits, she needs 12 to be considered full-time and stay on campus, but she still has 13. She said she is too busy right now (pledging) and doesn’t have the time to give enough time to study for math. All her other subjects are good, she has good grades, and she wants to protect her grade point average. I am not thrilled, but other mothers said that sometimes a kid has to drop a course and just take it in the summer or next semester.

Tue, 1 Mar 2011: Alexandra,
Just make sure you don’t drop any other classes, you need 12 credits to live on campus and be included on our dental insurance plan. I trust that you made the right decision. How was the sleep-over? Mom

of course i made the right decision im not a simpleton
and the sleepover was good

(woo, boy) I hope she’s right (You might also notice the scarcity of her emails, in text and frequency, compared to the first semester. I take it as a step in the right direction, becoming more independent and comfortable on campus).

Thursday, 3 Mar 2011: I’m coming home this weekend, consider yourself lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment