Saturday, August 13, 2011

This college experience is falling into place, boohoo

Thursday, 17 February 2011
Do I pick you up around 4pm tomorrow?
We can go to the Met (art museum in NY for a project) either on Saturday after your hair appointment because it is open until 9pm on Saturdays, or on Sunday. Whatever you prefer but I need to ask Dad if he can drive on either day. Later, Mom

ummmmm idk i need to see when you are getting me tomorrow but idk what time yet i will call you either tonight or tomorrow morning after my class
and saturday would be easier cuz i wanna come back on sunday at like 2 in the afternoon cuz i have meetings and stuff on sunday and monday
anyways i paid with my debit card online the 125 for housing it was easier than going to the student housing because my friend said it was hell giving them a check for some reason so i still have ur check i can give back to you and it said pay with visa credit but i put my visa debit number down....it said it went through so im hoping it actually paid so i guess we'll find out
anyways today is my first pledge meeting my pledge class is 14 girls and we have our last mixer tonight and then i cant drink anymore sooooooo ill talk to you tomorrow and stuff
bye, Alexandra
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 So how was induction? How long did it go and what did you do?
i got my new member pin that i have to wear all the time for 6 wks .....thats all im allowed to tell you lol but it was nice =]

Thu, 24 Feb 2011: What are your plans for this weekend? Let me know, Mom

i'm staying up here cuz i have so much to do

The whole weekend?

Idk, mom, Ill let you know Friday

Well, Friday came and went and she decided to stay on campus all weekend, which is the first time since she started college that she didn’t come home. I felt a little bereft. Then I realized I should be grateful that she is maturing and finding her place in school. She was not homesick at all, hung out with her friends, did homework and studied. She called us on Sunday night because she thought she had a virus on her computer, and Dad guided her through the process of running the AVG program to scan and erase the virus. Other than that, she was just doing her own thing up there (on campus) and we had better get used to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment