Tuesday, July 12, 2011

COLDEEZE to the rescue!

Wed, 3 Nov 2010: Hey Alex,
Sorry to hear about your cold.
Find out if there is a nurse’s station or doctor available on campus who can prescribe antibiotics if needed. Hopefully it’s not strep throat. Your insurance card should be with all your important cards like your driver’s license.
Tell me as soon as you find out more,
Feel better,
Mom

Judy, Alex is sick with a cold and sore throat, I just hope there is a doctor on campus in case she needs antibiotics (she is prone to strep throat). How can I take her to the doctor at home if she’s only here on the weekends? Heather

From Judy: Yes, OF COURSE, there is a Health Center on campus, and they would get her whatever attention she needed if she went there........but if you want her to go to a Dr. here - it's really the same as if she were home...she only has 4 or 5 classes at most, with LOTS of free time during the day (and nights).......if she were home, you would probably had to have taken off from work to bring her - the same with her at school - she's only an hour or so away.
But a cold s a cold is a cold........she can always get a strep test there, and if it's negative, a cold will go away on its own more likely than not....it's just annoying while its here!  But I'm a FIRM believer in COLDEEZE at the FIRST SIGN of a cold – My husband’s sister pooh-poohs it (being a Dr.), but I've felt "saved" from those zinc lozenges on more than one occasion! Judy :-)

my nose is still runny but my throat doesnt hurt as bad so hopefully its not strep
i dont have time to go to the nurse today because me and my friends are working on our history midterm exam paper today in the library and that needs to get done by friday.
i only have 1 class on thursday so ill go then, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment