Monday, July 4, 2011

Shootings and Prayers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010: Judy,
Did you drive Beth back to campus this morning or last night? What did you do with the rest of the weekend? They had a good time together, great that they stay in touch. 
Al argued with her father about history, she is learning stuff that he can’t keep up with, it’s funny to listen to. Our drop-off routine is pretty much the same every time: She watches a show on Sunday night at seven, then at eight either I, or Roy and I together, drive her back, help her carry stuff to her building, but do not go upstairs, b/c it’s such a hassle to sign us in, leave our drivers licenses, and remember to pick them up on the way out. So we just drop her off, sometimes we get a kiss, mostly not, only when the kid before us hugs his parents, then I can hug her, too. I always laugh because on Friday afternoon it’s like an exodus, everybody is leaving campus, and on Sunday night the opposite happens, the mommies and daddies are dropping their kids off with bags of groceries and laundry bags, bye-bye, see you Friday, just like an extended day care center.
I told her about the Seton Hall incident (shooting), but she knows everything and knows what she’s doing, so she just rolls her eyes, but I still preach to her every week. Later, Heather


LOL! Too funny - I love your analogy to an extended day care center! :-) 
Yup - the Seton Hall thing was really scary, and today there was a shooting at Texas U......what's going on with this world?   
The "partying" Alexandra and others do doesn't bother me that much, but the fact that the partying isn't on campus is a bit scary.....I mean....the parties are in downtown x.....off campus near other schools too....in not so good areas......that you're in that environment with a bunch of strangers whose character you don't know - that's scary to me...I would be much more comfortable if everything took place ON campus for some reason - although that's probably just a false sense of security at best.......hopefully though, she's thinking with her head.....I of course will continue to pray for her......Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment